- This process has been simplified over the years – if you arrive at the port at around 11am you should be able to board rather quickly.
- Be sure to pack a small carry on for boarding, with a swimsuit or small things you may need as it will take a few hours to get your luggage after you board.
- There is always a lunch buffet being served when you board – so go light on breakfast!
- Be sure to ask the person at check in if all your pre-booked goodies are on your account (like prepaid alcohol package, spa services, etc.).
- Most cruise lines now allow you can carry on two bottles of wine on most ships, so pack accordingly!
- Do not book a flight earlier than 11am or you will be rushing from the ship!
- Consider pre-booking your taxi travel to/from the airport – using a service found on the internet or you can purchase a ship transfers.
Consider carrying your luggage off the ship rather than putting it outside your room and having the ship take it off – this is so much easier as long as you can carry your bags!